2023 Abstract Submission Guidelines
Mid-Atlantic Section of the AUA
81st Annual Meeting
Colonial Williamsburg Resort
October 19-21, 2023
Abstract Submission Deadline: April 7, 2023 – 5:00 PM Eastern
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The submission of an abstract affirms that all authors named in the abstract have agreed to its submission for presentation at the Mid-Atlantic Section of the AUA and will be published in the Canadian Journal of Urology (CJU) exactly as submitted.
It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure the abstract is in perfect order with no errors in spelling or grammar, as revisions will not be accepted. Abstracts will not be corrected.
At the time of submission of the abstract, the data on which the abstract is based should not be published, either in print or online. (with the exception of Video submissions). Abstracts presented at national meetings are not allowed.
Submission of an abstract constitutes the author’s commitment to present the abstract as accepted. Expenses associated with the preparation, submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the author/presenter.
Submitted abstracts are graded individually by peer reviewers based on scientific merit and originality. The total number of abstracts allowed to be presented by the same author is five (5). Abstracts must be written in English and, if accepted, presented in English.
The Mid-Atlantic Section-AUA Program Committee will determine the format of the presentation.
ABSTRACT PRESENTATION TYPE: Authors must select either Podium/Poster or Video
ABSTRACT CATEGORIES: Authors must select a category from the below.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CATEGORIES:
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Bladder & Urethra
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Penile and Testicular Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Function/Dysfunction
- Stone Disease
- Surgical Technology/Simulation & Education
- Transplantation & Vascular Surgery
- Urodynamics/Lower Urinary Tract
- Dysfunction/Female Pelvic Medicine
PREPARATION OF ABSTRACTS
1. Size: The size of the abstract is limited to 300 words, not including spaces. This includes the body of abstract, tables and graphics. Tables and graphics are calculated at 25 words each.
2. Title: The title should clearly define the topic and contain no abbreviations. The title should not be in all capital letters.
3. Authors: Completely spell out the names of all authors using full first name, middle initial and last name. (Please maintain consistency in authors’ names on multiple abstracts to avoid duplication in the Author Index.) However, the authors’ names appear in the system is how they will appear online and in the published program and Journal.
4. Presenting Author: If the author(s) of the abstract is an employee(s) of or has a financial relationship with the commercial interest which controls the content of the presentation, he/she cannot be the presenting author. However, principal investigators responsible for research and development are permitted to present as long as they resolve their COI and as long as they are not employees of the commercial interest. In all printed publications, the presenting author will be denoted with an asterisk. Please list the presenting author first in the author list and classify them as such in the dropdown menu.
5. Body of Abstract: The abstract should be informative and detailed. However, your abstract appears online during the submission process is how it will appear in the printed Journal and online.
• The body must contain four separate paragraphs: a) Introduction and Objective,
b) Methods, c) Results and d) Conclusions.
• It is NOT acceptable to state that “The results will be discussed.” Inclusion of specific data is helpful to the reviewers.
• Indicate the major new findings of the study.
• Standard abbreviations may be used as follows: for the first use, spell out the full term and then follow with the abbreviation in parentheses each time thereafter.
• Graphs and / or tables may be used; graphs and tables are counted towards the overall word limit of the abstract. Please include as attachments. There is a limit of two.
• Proprietary names of drugs are not allowed; generic names must be used.
6. Videos: Videos should be uploaded on their final format.
• Allowed video types: .mov, .mp4
• There must be only 1 subject per presentation
• All digital videos must be recorded in English and have some sound; music is not required
• The opening frames of the video presentation must begin with the exact title and include the authors’ names
• Submissions of presentations that are exceedingly commercial in character are discouraged and such submissions are less likely to be accepted for presentation
• Submissions funded by commercial companies must be identified as such in a disclaimer at the start of the presentation
• Digital video presentations longer than 8 minutes in duration will automatically be rejected
7. Source of Funding: Grant support must be indicated on the “Source of Funding” page. If there is no support, “None” must be listed. This is a required field in the submission process. Abstracts deemed to be purely for marketing purposes will not be accepted.
8. Conflict of Interest and Disclosure Statement: All authors must disclose conflicts of interest. The electronic submission process will not allow abstracts to be submitted without this information being completed for each author listed on the abstract.
9. Topic List: Authors must select a category from the provided list.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
All abstracts must be submitted online via the Mid-Atlantic submission site platform. To submit a paper abstract, please visit: https://catalyst.omnipress.com/#collection/1174/submission. New users are asked to create a new account. Please be certain to spell your name and email correctly. Once you have created an account and a password, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your new account. Please click on the, “Confirm Account” green button within the email. Previous CATALYST users can log on to the system with their credentials. Please use one valid email for all submissions created. You may submit multiple abstracts using the same profile. Please do not create multiple accounts. Please be certain to spell your name and email correctly.
Upon logging in, you will be directed to the MA-AUA submission form. Once you have completed and submitted your presentation, you will be redirected to the CATALYST dashboard. Here, you will be able to edit your information, view existing submissions, and view emails regarding submissions created under your account. To enter new submission, select, ‘View all’ under, “Submissions” on your dashboard, and then click “+ Create Submission” and review the instructions. You will then see a complete list of tasks necessary to submit the abstract; please complete all of the tasks. Once all tasks are completed, you will be able to preview and submit. To edit an existing abstract, click on the title of an existing abstract found under, “Submissions” on the left hand side of your dashboard.
Once you have successfully submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation of submission email when your submission is complete.
Abstract Submission Deadline: April 7, 2023 – 5:00 PM Eastern